Diy Kijiji printer find

I managed to find this printer for a good deal to later identified it as a RepRap with an Arduino 2560 and ramps 1.4 extension.

The Arduino 2560 is a microcontroller, basically the "motherboard" with programmable input and outputs based on the atmega 1280 microchip. The Ramps 1.4 is a RepRap sheild that provides the circuitry in a package form needed for hotend, heatbeds, endstops and stepper drivers - the driver that handles the power and precise positioning. While the pairing is seen often in DIY kit printers, this combination is often common in similar "name brand" boards and clones as an all-in-one single integrated board.

After assessing the construction of the printer, the kit parts seemed poorly printed themselves leaving too much play, and I ultimately decided to start over.

The RepRap Wallace is discribed as basically a minimalist 3d printer. This using the least amount of materials, allowing for faster prototyping time and an overall simplified machine. It is with this I decided to convert the project, while making a few alterations along the way, to the RepRap Wallace.

And began printing

I printed the Wallace parts for 8mm threaded and machined rod at 15% infill and was happy with the turn out.

More printing was happening while I was assembling what I had and disassembling the remains of the purchased printer.

Now with the base and linear bearing mounts I am about 16 hours in for print time. The prints have come out great and everything is fitting up nicely - except for the carriage and vertical rods. Rather than cut the carriage rods, I took some measurments and began to create new mounts in solidworks.

At this time I am currently printing the hot end extruder assembly.

June 25 Update

Things have come a long way for the printer. I haven't been able to make as much progress as I would have liked over the passed week, however it is coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience

  • __

  • March 2021 - Present

    Technical Consultant

    • Offering recommendations on Networking and Server requirments for prospecting customers
    • Providing technical support on installation and training
  • March 2020 - March 2021

    Currently open to opportunities!

  • 2016 - March 2020

    IT/HSE Coordinator

    • Providing effective troubleshooting solutions involving printers, desktops and mobile devices - maintaining connectivity, end user satisfaction and functionality
    • Composing various documentation providing training in I.T, HSE and standard operating procedures as to ISO 9001:2015 standardization
  • 2018 - 2019

    Network Administrator Diploma, triOS College

  • 2008 - Present (.part time)

    IT Support Specialist

    • Build and support specialized workstations and gaming pc’s, providing cost effective solutions based on customers expectations and requirements
    • Provide on-site, remote and similar managed services through Windows RDS, Quick Assist and TightVNC with secured tunneling
  • __

  • 2012 - 2016

    Technical Advisor

    • Research, design and prototype various engineered specifications utilizing additive manufacturing to iterate design concepts, potential flaws and plausibility
    • Troubleshoot PLC’s, maintaining and developing various process controls with pneumatic and hydraulic circuits
  • 2011 - 2012

    Demanufacturing Technician

    • Provide technical documentation on the identification, safety precautions and dismantling procedures of desktops, servers, monitors and televisions
    • Identify and categorize desktops, server and networking equipment for potential resale
  • 2006-2011

    IT Support Specialist

    • Compiled prospects of our search engine optimization to restore and maintain online presence resulting in streamlined control and analysis of our ranking,
    • Install horizontal runs providing clean and structuralized cable management
    • Perform scheduled backups creating archival storage of sensitive data