First attempt at making a pick

I have been wanting to make a pick but have been searching for an appropriate material when I finally came across our banding material used at work.

I am really liking my Sparrows Medusa, so I decided on a whim to trace its shape and see how difficult it would be to cut with my zip disks got my Dremel.

The initial cut wasn't too bad. I made sure to leave lots of material to work with.

I then used a grinding bit and file to start making shape of the tip.

It's really starting to take shape here

At this point the tip is a bit long, but it works just as great as the original. I was really wanting to make it personable to me, so I started making a top hat in inspiration of Mad Hatter Labs.

At this point I was pretty happy with it. When originally starting with the banding it was .031 thick with coating, and I was able to bring it to .026 which allowed for clean movements.

After letting the paint dry I have been successful in picking and raking with this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience

  • __

  • March 2021 - Present

    Technical Consultant

    • Offering recommendations on Networking and Server requirments for prospecting customers
    • Providing technical support on installation and training
  • March 2020 - March 2021

    Currently open to opportunities!

  • 2016 - March 2020

    IT/HSE Coordinator

    • Providing effective troubleshooting solutions involving printers, desktops and mobile devices - maintaining connectivity, end user satisfaction and functionality
    • Composing various documentation providing training in I.T, HSE and standard operating procedures as to ISO 9001:2015 standardization
  • 2018 - 2019

    Network Administrator Diploma, triOS College

  • 2008 - Present (.part time)

    IT Support Specialist

    • Build and support specialized workstations and gaming pc’s, providing cost effective solutions based on customers expectations and requirements
    • Provide on-site, remote and similar managed services through Windows RDS, Quick Assist and TightVNC with secured tunneling
  • __

  • 2012 - 2016

    Technical Advisor

    • Research, design and prototype various engineered specifications utilizing additive manufacturing to iterate design concepts, potential flaws and plausibility
    • Troubleshoot PLC’s, maintaining and developing various process controls with pneumatic and hydraulic circuits
  • 2011 - 2012

    Demanufacturing Technician

    • Provide technical documentation on the identification, safety precautions and dismantling procedures of desktops, servers, monitors and televisions
    • Identify and categorize desktops, server and networking equipment for potential resale
  • 2006-2011

    IT Support Specialist

    • Compiled prospects of our search engine optimization to restore and maintain online presence resulting in streamlined control and analysis of our ranking,
    • Install horizontal runs providing clean and structuralized cable management
    • Perform scheduled backups creating archival storage of sensitive data