6J1 Tube Amp Case update

With a positive response to the design over the last week, I decided to purchase the other model of the 6J1 preamp to build for a friend while providing the opportunity to ensure it would fit smoothly in my case. 

Everything looks the same though this model seems a but scaled back with 35v caps over my firsts 50v.

Side by side, I believe the blue board wasn't cut to size as it has an additional 1/4 (give or take) on the PCB, but regardless these boards are physically similar.

Unfortunately the new board didnt come with the brass standouts as included in the last package, so I designed a standoff tray that can be printed. 

The tray works as expected and prints in a short amount of time.

Below is a complete run of parts totaling approximately 26 hours at .2 layer height.

Until I am able to finally get my Lowrider CNC up and running, I have found printing the dfx to scale makes a perfect stencil to achieve more accurate layout of the plexy glass.

Following through the rough draft of the instructions so far, I was able to quickly assembly the second one. 

Hoping to finish up the work this week by cleaning up some files and sharing on Thinkinverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Experience

  • __

  • March 2021 - Present

    Technical Consultant

    • Offering recommendations on Networking and Server requirments for prospecting customers
    • Providing technical support on installation and training
  • March 2020 - March 2021

    Currently open to opportunities!

  • 2016 - March 2020

    IT/HSE Coordinator

    • Providing effective troubleshooting solutions involving printers, desktops and mobile devices - maintaining connectivity, end user satisfaction and functionality
    • Composing various documentation providing training in I.T, HSE and standard operating procedures as to ISO 9001:2015 standardization
  • 2018 - 2019

    Network Administrator Diploma, triOS College

  • 2008 - Present (.part time)

    IT Support Specialist

    • Build and support specialized workstations and gaming pc’s, providing cost effective solutions based on customers expectations and requirements
    • Provide on-site, remote and similar managed services through Windows RDS, Quick Assist and TightVNC with secured tunneling
  • __

  • 2012 - 2016

    Technical Advisor

    • Research, design and prototype various engineered specifications utilizing additive manufacturing to iterate design concepts, potential flaws and plausibility
    • Troubleshoot PLC’s, maintaining and developing various process controls with pneumatic and hydraulic circuits
  • 2011 - 2012

    Demanufacturing Technician

    • Provide technical documentation on the identification, safety precautions and dismantling procedures of desktops, servers, monitors and televisions
    • Identify and categorize desktops, server and networking equipment for potential resale
  • 2006-2011

    IT Support Specialist

    • Compiled prospects of our search engine optimization to restore and maintain online presence resulting in streamlined control and analysis of our ranking,
    • Install horizontal runs providing clean and structuralized cable management
    • Perform scheduled backups creating archival storage of sensitive data